WM4M Owner's Goody Box
Contributed by owners in the WorldMark Vacation Forum
When you vacation with WorldMark, it is just like having a "home away from home"—every condo is equipped with all the basics you will need. There are really only a couple—well maybe three—things you need to bring: yourself (and your family, but only if you so choose), clothes and whatever food you want to prepare! Over the years, owners have put together a list of things that they put in their “goody boxes” or “travel totes” that they keep packed and ready to go at a moment's notice. Here’s a list of things to consider adding to your own WorldMark Goody Box.
Every WorldMark kitchen is stocked with the basics: pots and pans, kitchen utensils, cutlery and dishes, dish washing soap, laundry soap and of course the six traditional spices (cinnamon, paprika, garlic, onion powder and the all-important salt and pepper), plus starter packets of coffee, tea, cream and sugar. Useful items to take along would be the following:
- Mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise, salad dressing, soy sauce, hot sauce, sugar, artificial sweetener and lemon juice—all of these can be found in travel-friendly sizes. Put them into resealable plastic bags for moisture-proof transport.
- Extra filter-packs of coffee or teabags, specialty herbal teas and non-dairy creamer packets
- Microwave popcorn—the perfect snack that packs flat
- Aluminum foil and or saran wrap
- Cooking oil
- Cake mix, flour, sugar or other baking supplies for baking
- Pastry brush for BBQ sauce
- Chip clips or rubber bands
- Plastic bags
- Plastic "throw-away" containers with lids
- Specialty pan(s) you "have to have": i.e. wok, crock-pot, roaster or…
- Disposable roasting pan (for holiday roasts)
WorldMark starts you off with soap, tissues and toilet paper. Other necessities that you should bring along:
- Sample or travel sizes of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shaving cream, bath gel, mouthwash and toothpaste
- Disposable razors and toothbrushes—just toss them away when the vacation’s over
- Travel-size packets of tissues—keep one in your purse or pocket, put a packet in every room
- Emergency kit with bandages, pain reliever, antacid and a small sewing kit
- Any medications you may need
Bedroom and Living Room
Bedding is provided for every bedroom and for the Murphy bed or sleeper sofa. Of course, if you have special blankets or pillows, you should bring them along!
- Battery-powered travel alarm clock. Easy to move from room to room, and if there’s ever a power outage, you’ll still wake up on time.
- Earplugs and an eyeshade can be helpful if you tend to be a light sleeper.
- If you prefer down or feather pillows, bring your own. WorldMark units are stocked with hygienic, hypoallergenic synthetic pillows.
- CDs, VHS tapes or, if applicable, DVDs for use in the condo’s entertainment systems.
- Extra batteries
- Flashlight and or candles in case the power goes off
- Camera for picture taking
- Beach towels. Most resorts provide pool towels but not beach towels.
- Insect repellant, sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- Rubber sandals, shower shoes or swim sneakers for slippery pool areas
- Ski or winter sports gear
- Water gear: suits, toys, snorkel or diving equipment
- Beach bag for carrying all your gear to the beach