Nominations Open for WorldMark Board of Directors
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2009 WorldMark Board of Directors. This fall, owners will vote to fill three open positions on the board.
Candidates who wish to be placed on the ballot should submit the following information by
May 8, 2009:
- A written nominee statement (no more than 350 words) outlining his/her desire to be a candidate for the board.
- A resume outlining the nominee’s qualifications to serve on the board, including professional work experience, timeshare or hospitality background, civic or political experience, and any other experience on other boards of directors. Resume should include educational background and professional certifications.
- Nominee must be current on all financial obligations to WorldMark, The Club.
The WorldMark Board will establish a nomination committee that will evaluate each nomination
and will make finalist recommendations to the Board for final approval. The criteria used for
- The strength of the nomination statement provided by the nominee.
- The value the nominee would add to the Board, based upon the nominee’s resume which describes the nominee’s professional background, and any other experiences and/or education that would be useful in serving on the Board.
- The value the nominee would add to the Board, based upon the nominees timeshare industry and/or hospitality background.
- The years of ownership and usage of WorldMark, the Club, exchange programs, and other timeshares products. Familiarization with the timeshare industry as a whole.
- 5. The nominee’s understanding of the unique contracted and implied relationship between the developer and WorldMark and the importance of a highly collaborative relationship that must exist for the long term success of both the developer and WorldMark.
- The flexibility of the individual to attend quarterly meetings.
Submissions by mail must be postmarked by May 8; submissions sent by fax or e-mail must be received by May 8. Nominee information should be sent to:
Attn: Stephanie Aardal
WorldMark, The Club
9805 Willows Road NE
Redmond, WA 98052
Qualified candidates will be listed in the Annual Owners Meeting notice materials, which will be mailed to all owners in September.
Save the date! The WorldMark Annual Owners Meeting will be held on Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 7 p.m. at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue, Wash.
What is the WorldMark Board of Directors?