2020 Multiple reservations guideline change.
At a March 2020 special meeting, the Board of Directors voted to approve an update to the WorldMark, The Club guidelines for booking multiple reservations.
Currently, the multiple reservations guideline states that an owner may book multiple reservations for the same time period. Each owner on the account is allowed to check into a reservation for the specific suite they will occupy. Any further reservations will require a guest name. The guest listed on the reservation must be present at check-in and occupy the suite.
Beginning Oct. 1, 2020, owners who book multiple reservations, beyond the allowed amount for the number of owners on an account, will be required to add a guest name within 48 hours of booking or at time of booking if the reservation is booked 14 days or less from date of arrival.
If a guest name is not added by the deadline, the reservation will be subject to cancellation and the corresponding credits will be forfeited in accordance with the cancellation policy.
This update to the multiple reservations guideline ensures:
- Fair and equitable reservation access for all owners.
- A streamlined check-in process, by eliminating extra time taken at check-in to add a guest name.
- Maximized resort availability as suites from canceled reservations will be offered to other owners.
View this video to learn more about Multiple Reservations.
2018 Guest Usage guideline changes.
During their June 2018 meeting, the Board of Directors voted to approve two additions to the WorldMark, The Club Guidelines.
- When an owner books multiple reservations at a resort for the same time period, each owner on the account is allowed to check into a reservation for the specific unit they will occupy. Any further reservations will require a guest name.
- The guest name must be added to the reservation system prior to check-in and cannot be modified after check-in.
- The guest listed on the reservation must be present at check-in and occupy the unit.
- The multiple reservations policy is currently enforced at many WorldMark resorts today and will now be part of the Club Guidelines.
- Effective Sept. 12, 2018, a Guest Certificate will be required for any guest reservations in which the owner will not be occupying the room, regardless of booking date. Owners will receive complimentary Guest Certificates based on the number of annual Vacation Credits owned, with a fee of $99 (online) or $129 (phone) charged for each additional Guest Certificate required during each owner’s anniversary year.
- Modifying a guest name on a confirmed reservation will require the use of an additional Guest Certificate or Guest Certificate Fee.
- All owners will receive at least one complimentary Guest Certificate each anniversary year, which will expire 13 months after the award date.
- Annual awards are calculated by taking the number of Vacation Credits owned divided by 10,000 and rounding up to the nearest whole number. For example, an owner who owns between 5,000 and 10,000 Vacation Credits will be awarded one Guest Certificate each anniversary year, while an owner who owns between 11,000 and 20,000 Vacation Credits will be awarded two Guest Certificates each anniversary year. The Guest Certificate Award Schedule can be viewed in the Online Reference Library.
- On Sep. 12, 2018, all owners will receive an award of Guest Certificates that is prorated based on their anniversary date. The prorated amount has been predetermined based on a calculation where each month of the owner’s anniversary year entitles them to 1/12 of their annual Guest Certificate allotment. All prorated Guest Certificates will expire at the end of the owner's anniversary year, whereupon a full new allotment of annual Guest Certificates will be awarded. View the Prorated Guest Certificate Award Schedule.
- New online functionality will give owners the ability to add and modify guest names on confirmed reservations on worldmarktheclub.com.
The addition of this fee supports a fee-for-service model where charges are incurred when a non-owner uses services provided by WorldMark, The Club.
View this video to learn more about Guest Certificates.